WE NEED YOUR HELP TO MEASURE THE FLASH RATES OF STARSHINEs 2 and 3's MIRRORS
It's important for us to find out how fast Starshines 2 and 3 are rotating early
in their orbital lives.
Please use the following instructions to time the flashes and then email your
results to firstname.lastname@example.org.
1. Borrow or buy a digital stop watch. It doesn't need to be expensive.
2. Go to your computer, get on the internet, and log on to
3. Select your city or town from the huge data base on that web site.
4. Click on "Starshine 2" or Starshine 3" from the ten day satellite sighting
5. Look at the various displayed opportunities to view the Starshine that you
have selected from your location.
6. Pick an opportunity, click on its highlighted date, and print out the star
charts for that sighting prediction.
7. Decide on a place from which to do your viewing. It should be as far away
from lights, trees and buildings as possible.
8. Go outside a few minutes ahead of the specified time, so your eyes can
adjust to the dark.
9. When you see the satellite's first flash, start the stop watch. Count five
flashes, including the first one, and stop the watch.
10. Email your stop watch reading to email@example.com.
11. Be sure your let us know which of the two satellites you were tracking
and what date you made your measurement.